Early Help and Safeguarding
Keeping children safe is a priority for every school and covers many areas of responsibility, not just protecting children from harm.
What can you expect from us?
- A safe environment in which your child can learn that complies with safeguarding legislation and guidance.
- We will take good care of your child whilst they are with us and listen and act on any concerns they share with us.
- We will keep accurate up to date records. If your child transfers to another school we will share important information with their new school that will help to support your child’s move.
- We will contact you if your child is absent and you have not told us why to ensure everyone is safe and well.
- We will respond promptly to any problem or concern you tell us about.
- Our staff will offer support and assistance when needed.
Early help, also known as early intervention, is support given to a child or family when a problem first emerges to help stop issues from escalating. It can be provided at any stage in a child or young person's life. At both our schools we offer a range of support such as:
- Peer mentoring
- A nurture area at lunchtimes
- Worry boxes or Worry monsters in class
- Access to breakfast club
- County Inclusion Support Service (CISS)
- Common Assessment Framework (CAF) referrals
- School Nursing Team
- Referrals made to Suffolk Children and Young People’s Emotional Wellbeing Hub
- Educational Welfare Officer (EWO)
- Family Carer Services
- Home Start
- One Life
- Parenting Support Programmes
If you require any support or further information please speak to the SENDCo, Alice North or the Designated Safeguarding Leads for further information and support. A copy of our Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy can be found on the Policy Page.
Click the link at the top of the page to access a range of information and guidance on what to do if you are concerned about a child.
Click here to access websites with advice for parents.
Safeguarding is increasingly important as part of the online safety work we do in school. We try to ensure parents and children are upto date with how to stay safe online and complete termly update sessions in school.